Friday, January 27, 2006

I got a radio show!

Well, it's a micropower radio show, but one step at a time. Starting next Tuesday at 1PM, I'll be hosting a 1-hour show on Radio Sandy Springs, 1620 AM. If you're not lucky enough to live in fabulous Sandy Springs, you can still theoretically hear the stream with this link:

http://nick8.surfernetwo rk.com/Media/SandySprings.asx

I say theoretically because I couldn't get it to work for me. Try the link and tell me if it works. If it does, then I'm bad, I'm planetwide.

Anyway, back to the show. By coincidence, I used to do some radio work at a student FM station at Oregon Tech (and, I'm pretty sure I did it badly). No doubt my license from those days has expired, but I do still maintain an Advanced-class ham radio license. I was contacted because I supposedly know all about the northside music scene (not even close!), but in reality I'll be talking about whatever comes up - funny gig stories, artist interviews (live or by phone), recordings I've made at jams, performance reviews, topics of interest to musicians, whatever. I'll definitely have some live studio performances. I'll have my own engineer, and he seems to be a pretty good one, so I'll be free to be a wild & crazy guy!

I'll be wanting to talk to whoever might be interesting. Do you have a project you want plugged? Funny stories? Wanna play or sing? Let me know.


Radio Sandy Springs website:
http://www.radiosandysprings.com

No comments: