Thursday, August 25, 2005

Music Report for Aug. 25, 2005

Hello Friends,
I'll keep this one pretty simple as I'm on the go today. I've been having "an interesting life" - my car was broken into, I was used as bait in a police sting to capture the crack dealers who had it, and I'm just now in the process of getting my window replaced. The whole story is so bizarre and involved it could be a movie - ask me about it some time. I've actually spoken with an author friend about the possibility of selling the story, he thinks it's a great candidate for a screenplay. Anyway, on to upcoming music.

BIG thanks to our friends who helped us rock Doc's last week (especially you, Shakin' Sheri!). Doc's tells us that they never ever get as good a party going with any other band, and they've booked us for one weekend every month thru 2005.

This Friday (Aug. 26) I'll be with Larry Griffith Band at Meehan's Ale House, an Irish pub in Alpharetta. Meehan's is a new venue for us, so please c'mon out and help us warm up the new place. It's on State Bridge Road, just south of Kimball Bridge (see details below).

Also, I will be doing my first solo show at The Crimson Moon in Dahlonega on Friday, September 2nd at 8PM. I had a great time at Crimson Moon when I played the Blues Crawl Festival there a few months ago. I do hope you'll come on in, and if I may suggest, Dahlonega is an interesting place to stay and spend a holiday weekend. Charming little old-town feel, the gold museum, mine tours, the Buisson Arts Center, lots of arts & antiques, and of course there's The Smith House for an unforgettable dining experience. I would just love it if some of my musician friends joined me for a song or two, as well. See details below.

And finally, fond farewells to everybody's friend Leszek Wawer, a longtime jam regular. Leszek is moving his beautiful family to Chicago, where he'll be establishing our northern blues outpost. We'll miss you buddy!

Speaking of lost jam buddies, does anyone see Drew or Preston anymore? Preston went to Berklee in Boston, but I dunno what happened to Drew. Tell 'em hi, I miss them at the jams.

OK, thanks for being family, I hope to see you soon.
George

Upcoming public shows:

Sundays - The Club at Kennesaw Billiards (directions below)
Tuesdays - Open Jam at The North End Pub (directions below)

August 26, Meehan's Ale House
11130 State Bridge Road, just south of Kimball Bridge
Alpharetta, GA 30022 770-475-2468
web: http://tinyurl.com/cget3
map: http://tinyurl.com/7hamz

September 2nd, The Crimson Moon (solo show)
24 North Park Street
Dahlonega GA 30533 706-864-3982
web: http://www.thecrimsonmoon.com
map: http://tinyurl.com/7gdjj
See also: http://dahlonega.org

Sundays:
The Club at Kennesaw Billiards 770-514-9900
Kennesaw Promenade on Cherokee St. (Wade Green Rd.)
3600 Cherokee Street Northwest Suite 107
Kennesaw, GA 30144
9PM-1AM

Tuesdays:
The North End Pub & Grill
5970 Atlanta Hwy (Hwy 9 at McFarland Rd.)
Alpharetta, GA 30004 678-867-6750
http://www.thenorthendga.com
8:30-12:30 (but sometimes jams on until closing)
GOOD food, kitchen open until 2AM!

If you have any questions, please feel free to call or write me.

No comments: