Monday, September 05, 2005

Rockin' the North End with Andrew Black

Tonight I had a nice little surprise gig - I had the night off from Larry Griffith Band at Kennesaw Billiards, but got invited instead to play with Andrew Black at the North End Pub, much closer to home. Also onstage were Jimmy Mouton on drums, and Jon Schwenke on bass. (I figure I've played about 200 shows with Jon since 2001, he's a great player and great guy.) We did stuff ranging from "People Get Ready" to Robin Trower's "Day Of The Eagle", plus some of Andrew's originals. I must say this was one of the hardest-hitting shows I've done in a very long time.

Tomorrow evening I'll be going into the studio with Andrew and Jimmy, and several other players to record a demo for our upcoming corporate act, Andrew Black and Sound Foundation. That band is aiming high, playing tight intense music from Earth Wind & Fire, Foreigner, David Bowie, and other high-end artists whose music is rarely attempted by most musicians.

No comments: