Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Music Report for Dec. 1, 2004 - New Jam Venue: Kennesaw Billiards

Hi Friends, I told you Larry Griffith would get us a Wednesday gig soon, and sure enough he did. The new venue is Kennesaw Billiards (a.k.a. KBs) and it's located logically enough in Kennesaw.

Kennesaw Billiards 770-514-9900
3600 Cherokee Street Northwest Suite 107
Kennesaw, GA 30144

Take I-75 to Wade Green Rd, exit 273. Turn west (probably your left, unless you're coming from north of there). Go until Wade Green becomes Cherokee St. NW. You should see Kennesaw Billiards at the corner of Cherokee and McCollum Pkwy NW. (This is unverified, I'm using MapQuest.com, but should be OK.)

Also, we still have the jams on Monday nights at Crystal's On The Square in Marietta, and Tuesdays at The North End (Hwy 9 & McFarland Rd.) and both of those jams are drawing major talent and good crowds. The Tuesday jam was EPIC last night, and soundmeister Tweak has begun experimenting with multi-track recordings of the jams. What he got last night was great, I think with a bit of mixdown it could go right to CD. Many thanks to Andrew Black, Barry Richman, Steve Mays, Mike Hinton, and other guests for a stellar show!

Gotta run, more updates later. I've just returned from a great trip to Memphis with the Elvis trio (Harold Shulz & Franklin Bunn) and have cool stories to tell. I also have 21 shows in the next 31 days to tell you about, but I still have a few nights unused so book me while you can.

Remember, the last thing I want to do is burden you with unwanted spam, so if you don't want to hear from me I promise I will remove you from my mass mailing list upon request.

best wishes,
George Price

No comments: