Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Music Report for Nov. 1, 2005

Hi Friends, just to remind you we'll be celebrating my 1 Whole Year Anniversary as host of the Tuesday jams at The North End Pub. It's nothin' but a party, and "all my rowdy friends are comin' over tonight". Don't bother with supper, use that time to take a nap and then come have dinner with us; the food is good enough to make AJC's Top 10 list. Directions below.

Also, things just keep gettin' better with Andrew Black, Jon Schwenke and Jimmy Mouton as we do the Wednesday nights at Tavern On The Bridge. C'mon out and enjoy the nice pro-managed sound, the big dance floor, and the good food & drink.

By popular request, I've posted my "Tech Support Blues" on my media website. My voice is much stronger now, I'm going to re-record it someday soon. http://www.ourmedia.org/user/40460

Man, I had me a great weekend. The neighborhood Halloween party at Bradshaw Farm (hey y'all!) was a ripping success - not only was the band I called together an instant match (as they should be, they've played together in Kid Brother for years) but the crowd was on full throttle party mode. Great gig, great neighbors, hope to see you all again soon. Then Sunday, Rich T & Liz (who you always see at The North End jams) had Barbara and myself out to ride their horses. Rich's horse is named Mr. Big, and he is truly "the Hummer of horses"; nearly big enough for his own zip code, and if recent events are any indication, smart enough to run for public office (though far too honest). A lovely day for a ride through the countryside, leaves just starting to turn colors. After dinner, Rich and I went over to Mike LeVasseur's house to jam with him and his crew of buddies (pals since childhood) visiting from New York. Turns out they're fine players too, we did some fine tunes ranging from Deodato to Stones to Tower Of Power's "What Is Hip". Great cap to a great weekend.


Tuesdays: (ANNIVERSARY PARTY Nov. 1st)
The North End Pub & Grill
5970 Atlanta Hwy (Hwy 9 at McFarland Rd.)
Alpharetta, GA 30004 678-867-6750
8:30-1:00 (but sometimes jams on until closing)
GOOD food, kitchen open until 2AM!
web: http://www.thenorthendga.com
map: http://tinyurl.com/555vg


Wednesdays:
Tavern On The Bridge
9775 Medlock Bridge Rd., Suite A.
Duluth, 30097 770-232-1210
Nice room, big floor & stage, pro sound, good food.
Southeast corner of State Bridge Rd. and Medlock Bridge (Hwy 141)
One door south of Stony River.
web: http://www.tavernonthebridge.com
map: http://tinyurl.com/8lp8g

That's it for now. If you have any questions, please feel free to call or write me.

Oh, and if you noticed my dates were wrong in the previous message, there's a simple explaination - November Fools Day! (yeah, that's the ticket...)

No comments: